Vintage Screen card 'Pink flowers'
Skill level : Easy
Top decorative border:
Time: allow 2 hours.
- Cutting/score tool
- Ruler (I use a metal one)
- Double sided tape
- Liquid glue (I used zig)
- Base card stock
- Matting paper
- Decorative paper
- Ready made flowers (or you can make your own if you have the tools)
- Bling Dots
- Punch - Stampin up' Decorative label
- Punch - Martha Stewart edging punch. (I used Flower bed deep punch)
- Punch- rounded corner
- Stamp sentiment. (I used Stampin' up Sassy Salutations)
- Ink. I use Memento Tuxedo black
Gather all your supplies before you begin.
- Cut base cards stock 28cm x 16cm
Fold using Valley and mountain technique (i.e. back and forward)
Base card is now complete.
- Cut 4 mats 6.5cm x 15.5cm in plain colour that compliments the base card stock
- Apply double sided Tape as shown
- Adhere to folded panels of card stock ensuring that a gap is left at the folds.
Now to Make the stand
- Measure and mark the centre of each panel at the base. 3.5cm
- Using the Decorative labels punch, punch half way into the punch aligning the centre of the punch to the centre mark.
- Repeat on the bases of all 4 panels
- Measure the centres of each panel and dot at 3.5cm
- Insert each panel into the punch centring the punch
Mark the centre of the punch on the front base and align up the dots and slide in.
- Punch all 4 of the top panels in this way.
Make sure your patterns on the papers follow the same direction
- Using your chosen sentiment stamp onto plain co-ordinating paper.
- If you have experience with embossing this is a nice effect.
- Cut to size and then mat onto same colour card stock as base card.
- Cut to size.
- Adhere to front panel
- Using the ready made flowers and some bling dots, embellish the front of the card.
- Add a flower to the top of the patterned panels
I have left 1 panel plain. This is for writing your personal message. I will be adding a number on this panel with my message.
Another Tutorial by
York Rose Designs